Jungle gnomes live in and along the mighty rivers that wind
through the jungles. A gnome jungle town is often a collection
of boats tied together across a river, with channels to allow
passing vessels through (after they pay a toll, of course). Jungle
gnomes are also seen traveling the rivers, trading what they can
fi nd to those they meet along the way.
Racial Traits: Jungle gnomes have all the gnome racial traits
given in Chapter 2 of the Player’s Handbook, with additions and
exceptions as noted below.
• No racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds.
• No dodge bonus to Armor Class against giants.
• +2 racial bonus on Climb and Swim checks: Jungle gnomes
live their lives clambering in and out of boats, and in and
out of the water.
• +2 racial bonus on Craft (shipbuilding) checks: A little lumber
and a few simple tools make for a happy and industrious
• +2 racial bonus on Use Rope checks: Jungle gnomes consider
rope the most useful tool on their boats.
• No racial bonus on Listen or Craft (alchemy) checks.